Sunday 7 February 2016

BJJ Journey!

It's been over 4 years now on my own BJJ journey and time for a new update!

I received my Purple belt nearly a year ago in Glasgow and since then I've moved not only countries but teams!

I've been enjoying my purple belt time so far and I have had the opportunity to learn from some great Professors and even a master of the sport.

Having so many great BJJ teams in Barcelona is certainly a benefit and it seems that the BJJ politics are not so tight here and cross training is rife with many of the top guys training in multiple gyms across the city.

Not because they do not value loyalty or friendships but because all athletes train to be the best and limiting yourself to one set of training partners simply will not make you the best you can be,

Brassoloto, Haubert, Blankenheimer, Moraes, Galvao, Cabanes, Liera Jr  are to name a few some of the black belts who are here regular if not all the time.

I have met many new friends through the sport and I have a small team of good guys that I can learn and improve with now under the tutelage of Chen Moraes.

I plan on staying here in Barcelona until the summer months and then see what happens and where life takes me on this wonderful journey!

Recently travelling keeps coming up in my mind so maybe its time to call shop here and travel elsewhere to pastures new!

Somewhere south , way south! South America? Down Under? Who knows!

Somewhere with a BJJ gym should I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment