Sunday 22 June 2014

Some new coaching opportunites!

So some great news not just for myself but for the rest of the guys in the programme and for the club!

A few longtime members have been selected for the Gracie Barra trainee coaching programme in our Glasgow club.

To qualify for the trainee programme we had to pass the pre-requisites of belt rank, ability, cooperation, professionalism, teamwork and show a commitment and great attitude towards our club and all members.


To pass we have to complete over 60 hours of coaching training including homework, instructors classes and on the job training and then we are given the opportunity to take on the full coaches programme.


For the time being as a blue belt I can only help coach the fundamentals and advanced programme but give me a year+ to purple belt and I can help out with the black belt programme.

I must say I'm pleased at being given the chance and opportunity to push our club to a new level! Very exciting times!! Oss!


No comments:

Post a Comment